ROMXc+ (Apple IIc Plus)
ROMXc+ will be available for order from ReActiveMicro very soon.
- Replaces Monitor ROM and Video ROM (video ROM bundle)
- 15 x 32KB user programmable Image slots + firmware and recovery images
- Supports 16KB or 32KB images
- Upload a custom ROM in seconds!
- Images can be system ROMs, DOS images, games or applications!
- Store Information for each image
- ROMify tutorial and template available so you can convert your apps/games to run from ROM
- Boots DOS instantly
- On-board real-time clock with CR1220 backup battery
- Estimated 3.5+ years battery life
- Socket Safe Headers wont damage the original IC sockets
- ROM-Link interface for optional external video ROM
- No switches - select the font through the menu system
- Works with overclocked //c+'s (tested to 40MHz).
- Select accelerator speed per image
- Preloaded with lots of ROMs/apps to try including ROM 5X by Michael Guidero:
- ROMXc Plus does not operate in an Apple IIc. See ROMXc for Apple IIc.
- ROMXc Plus may not fit underneath expansion cards. There is a interfence with A2Heaven RamExpress II+ where the battery on the RamExpress may foul the ROMXc+. Moving the battery on the RamExpress to the top side may resolve this, else an insulator between the boards - we will advise as we have more information available.
- JTAG header is for production programming of the CPLD only - it's not used to upload ROM images. ROM's are uploaded directly from the computer through the menu system - U)PLOAD an image to flash memory, where it will now be stored until you decide to overwrite it with another!
In the Media
Javier Rivera's First Look and Update Videos: